When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for people to make a choice between paper and digital, history has shown that technology has won. Books have been replaced by Kindles, newspapers have been replaced by iPads , and photo albums have been replaced with online photo galleries. People of the world: the time has come for paper greeting cards to suffer the same fate. Let us bind together to embrace digital technology, and offer the world an alternative way to send and receive thoughtful well-wishes.
Declare your independence from paper cards with your agreement to the following:
- I vow to never again send a paper card to someone who I know will just throw it away.
- I promise to not think ill of anyone who chooses to send me a digital card instead of a paper card.
- I pledge that I will no longer buy stamps only to let them sit in a drawer unused.
- I vow not to remove people from my holiday card list and instead send them a digital card online.
- I agree to be friendly to my United States Postal Carrier even when he/she delivers far fewer holiday cards this year.
I hereby declare my independence from paper cards.